Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cornbread Muffins


Cornbread is my favorite thing to eat with chili, especially this vegan chili recipe that I posted a while ago. I love making muffins because then it is instant portion control! This recipe is so simple and easy to make, yet it is delicious! I used polenta instead of cornmeal because that's all I had - this is why my muffins look a little darker in color than usual.

Cornbread Muffins
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp almond milk
2 Tbsp safflower oil (or any neutral vegetable oil)
3/4 c. cornmeal
1/4 c. flour (I used spelt, but you can use any kind that you like)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
Pour batter into the lined muffin tins so that they are about 3/4 of the way full of batter. This should make about 8 muffins.
Bake for 25 minutes.

Recipe adapted from "The Kind Diet"

No comments:

Post a Comment