Monday, March 15, 2010

Dark Cherry Mocha



So we all know by now that I have a serious obsession with Starbucks coffee and lattes. It's a good thing that we received a cappuccino maker as a bridal shower gift because I use that thing twice a day. I saw that Starbucks has a new drink and had to make my own version of it ASAP. It's a pretty good all natural alternative to the sugary alternative, but of course Starbucks lattes will always prevail my homemade ones. At least I can save $4 while sipping on this one though =]

Dark Cherry Mocha
1 c vanilla almond milk
4-6 frozen cherries
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 oz espresso
  • Heat frozen cherries in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Mash them up with a fork to get as much juice out of them as possible.
  • Brew espresso and pour into a mug
  • Add 1 Tbsp cocoa powder to espresso and mix together
  • Add cherries and their juice to the espresso and cocoa
  • Steam almond milk to 160 degrees
  • Pour steamed milk over espresso and stir!!
See the cherries on the bottom there!! Mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment