Monday, March 22, 2010

Banana Almond Pancakes



So these pancakes are a spin on a recipe that I've already posted here. I was hanging out with my gorgeous cousin Elizabeth and we were talking about our obsession with almonds and she told me to try almond extract in my pancakes instead of vanilla! This was my first time ever using almond extract and oh my god - these tasted like little almond short bread cookies - but in pancake form! So yummy.

Banana Almond Pancakes

1 1/2 Cup Almond milk
1 Tbs Agave Nectar (or Sugar)
1 Ripe Banana
1 Cup Spelt Flour (or sub all purpose)
1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Almond Extract
1-2 Tbs water, to thin batter if needed

Add almond milk, banana, and agave to blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients except the water and blend for a few seconds until combined. Scrape down any dry flour stuck to the side of the jar and blend again (just for a few seconds).

Top with fruit of choice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment