Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PB and Chocolate

So I've really gotten into putting peanut butter in my oatmeal in the morning. The extra protein keeps me really full until lunch, and also gives me extra energy for my morning yoga class. (And sometimes spin on Thursdays). Here are 2 delicious kinds of peanut butter that I found at whole foods and I am really in love with. Mmmmmmmm. You can also spread these on a piece of toast, whole wheat bagel, and fruit!



I put the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl on a whole wheat bagel this morning that I topped with apple slices, so yummy!

For my Sunday breakfast I made a bowl of oatmeal with 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter, 2 tbsp carob chips, and 1/4 cup of frozen cherries. This was such a delish alternative to my usual pancakes!


Carob chips are amazing because they are sweetened with grains (like brown rice syrup or barley malt syrup) instead of sugar. They don't cause a spike in your blood sugar, and best of all - you can eat twice as many as regular chocolate chips for the same amount of calories and HALF the amount of sugar! Whenever I'm craving chocolate I just reach for these =]

No comments:

Post a Comment