Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dark Chocolate "Truffles"

So I got this recipe idea from: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/10/13/make-these-now/ I am really into larabars which are raw ingredients blended together. They are naturally sweet from dates and have tons of protein and fiber from the nuts! Well I decided to make a "healthy truffle" for our Thanksgiving dinner that we celebrate with my husband's side of the family the Sunday before the holiday. I'm hoping that everyone likes them since they are secretly really healthy for you!!!!

1 cup of cashews
1 1/3 cup of pitted dates
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 squares of Ghirardelli 100% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Bar melted in the microwave for about 1:30 to 2 minutes

I blended the first 4 ingredients in a food processor. Once the first 4 ingredients were all chopped finely, I added the melted chocolate on top and then processed everything again! It resulted in a nice sticky but kind of gritty mixture. I just squished a handful of mixture in my hands and them formed them into little balls. Some I rolled in cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, or leftover melted dark chocolate... and some I left plain!

Here are some pics of the amazing results. I really can't wait to share these with everyone because they are SOOOOOO delicious!!!

The recipe made about 17
You can click the picture to see all the yummy dark chocolatey-ness up close!!!

Cocoa powdered and sprinkles

One little plain ball and one rolled in extra chocolate... saved for tonight for me and the hubby =]

No comments:

Post a Comment