Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nut Butter Parsnip and Sweet Potato Fries



So I have seen this recipe all over the blog world and I'm not really sure who exactly started it, but let me just say that I wish this was my brain child. I mean why haven't I ever thought to combine my favorite foods all into one dish? Almond and peanut butter as a coating for french fries?? Um OMG YES!!! The pictures don't do these justice, these really are to die for and these fries will change your life. Really, they are that good.


Nut Butter Parsnip and Sweet Potato Fries
2 Tbsp Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2-3 parsnips, peeled and sliced into fry shapes
1 medium sweet potato, sliced into fry shapes
salt and pepper to taste

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine nut butters in a small bowl.
Place parsnip and sweet potato pieces in a large bowl and pour the nut butter mixture on top of fries. Stir around with a large spoon until the parsnip and sweet potato pieces are evenly coated with mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place fries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browned.
When timer goes off, take out of the oven and DEVOUR. Welcome to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment