Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

DSC_0950

So when the hubby and I go to Starbucks he LOVES to get their chocolate chip banana bread and I have been wanting to create a healthy version of their bread. Well this recipe popped up on my google reader one morning and I was so excited! I made this immediately and dare I say – better than the original? This is AMAZING and so easy to make!!!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

3 bananas, mashed
1/4 c. Earth Balance margarine
1/4 c. almond milk
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. organic sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. dairy-free chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Mash bananas in a bowl. Next, with a stand or electric mixer, cream together margarine, milk, sugars and vanilla. Beat in bananas. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet a little at a time until it is all mixed together. Last, fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into a non-stick loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.

From: Peas and Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment